Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Stay Warm


















I used to freeze in my previous office because the building management blasted the air so high that the climate became arctic. To combat my chattering teeth and blue fingers, I bought a space heater and called him Optimus.

















Keeping me nice and toasty, Optimus became my new best friend.  My staple remover soon became jealous as you can see by the way it would glare its fangs at us.

















All was well, until I moved buildings.  The new maintenance crew scolded me the minute they set their sight on Optimus.  "Space heaters cause fires, " they chastised.  They insisted that I get rid of Optimus, but of course, I could not boot him out of my life.  Optimus still has a home in my office, but I try to use him only when necessary.  As an alternative, I recently purchased this wrap from Target.





















It is not as warm as Optimus, but it is nice for days when I am only mildly chilly and it will not short my circuit.

No comments:

Post a Comment